Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Big New Toy- A Dukes of Hazzard Dodge Monaco Patrol Car

Well, the deal went through today and I am the proud new owner of a 1977 Dodge Monaco Dukes of Hazzard patrol car! I am a huge Dukes fan and have a ton of the 1/64th scale Monacos, so it's crazy sweet to have one in real life! I bought it from Bob, a super nice guy over in Indiana. He even brought his General Lee with him to our meet up. It was a surreal day to say the least!

For you fellow Dukes fans , never fear! I have switched the red and blue lenses to the correct sides! I am also getting the white-walls turned around soon!



This is Bob's General and my new patrol car parked at Steak and Shake today.


Bob's General was awesome! He took me for a ride in it and it was so cool how people took pictures everywhere we went. He even got Enos (Sonny Shroyer) on the phone while I was test driving the patrol car and I got to talk to him! It was the highlight of the day!!








The patrol car is autographed by several cast and stunt crew members too! Including Jerry Rushing, the real life "Duke" boy whom the shows premise is modeled after. If you haven't seen his movie, Moon Runners, you are missing a piece of Dukes history!






3 comments:

  1. A patrol car? That is neat! That is piece of history you got there, and you are quite lucky to have one of these vehicles. I’m a fan of Dukes too. And seeing these cars surely brings a smile to my face! [Dante Mallet]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing car, Sammy. And I must agree that you are one lucky guy to have Bob’s “General” signed by the crew. Anyway, that Dodge car was very remarkable. I always see that model in car chasing scenes in most of the action films. And I must say that it is truly one of a kind.

    Kyle Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, driving these cars would be the highlight of anyone's day – including movie fanatics and car aficionados. It would feel like you are in the movie. And the best part is, it was signed by the cast!

    Best,
    Stelle

    ReplyDelete