Sunday, August 19, 2012

New Hot Wheels Toy Show Finds

I found a TON of good stuff at the toy show today. It's always hard to stay within the budget when there are isles and isles of cars! I like shopping at the toy shows better than Ebay because you get to interact and barter with local people.

I found quite a bit of awesome Batman stuff over the past few days. I found the new limited line of Batmobiles at a local Wal-Mart and bought a dozen or so 1966 Batmobiles and a few Batmobile Affinity's.


Then at the show, I managed to find a few of the new 2012 Hot Wheels THE BAT  from the Dark Knight Rises. They are super hard to find and look really hardcore. From what I have been told only 1 THE BAT comes in each case of Hot Wheels...so that is a very small ratio of BATs being released. They did the same small release strategy with the KITTs and Ecto-1s.



 I got a great deal on a 70's Corgi Jr. Batmobile and a Hot Wheels Batman Begins Batcycle set too.



I picked up two Hot Wheels Monster Jam monster trucks at Wal-Mart too. I found a nice Black Stallion and Aftershock. I have quite a few of the Grave Diggers from this years Monster Jam series and these two  just looked too good to pass up.


These are a few of the higher end Hot Wheels series cars. A '84 Hurst 'Olds from the Hot Ones series, a Porsche 914-6 and '77 Pontiac Firebird from the Boulevard series and a few of the Dan Wheldon tribute treasure hunts, DW-1.


The Boulevard cars look great! The Porsche has an very intracate roll cage and the Firebird is a dead ringer for the Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am. 



I saw the Dan Wheldon wreck live on TV and it was really hard to watch. Very, very sad. Dan's testing of the next gen Indy car resulted it the chassis being named DW-1 in his honor. The team at Hot Wheels did a great job of honoring him with this special edition car. They even made a donation to Dan's foundation as well.



The next three cars are just normal main line Hot Wheels cars. The new SRT Viper is hard to find in stores so I picked up some because they were cheap and available. The other car is a Nissan Skyline H/T 2000. I have some of the Skyline but you can never have too many of one car!



These are four newer cars from Johnny Lightning. A Dodge 330 drag car, a 1950 Chevy Panel Delivery fire dept. truck, a 1967 Plymouth Fury demo derby edition and a 1972 Ford Torino Sport. I love the old Mopar drag cars so the 330 is my favorite out of this group.


The next is a early 90's Racing Champions Richard Petty car and figure set. I have another one of these but it's been opened so it's nice to have a carded one.


These are only a part of the weekend scores so stay tuned until tomorrow for the rest!


3 comments:

  1. The Bat is pretty awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The underside of it looks really mean. It's fined almost like an alligator or something.I haven't seen the movie yet but I heard the Bat is like a jet/helicopter combo!

      Delete
    2. Oh you have to see the movie. I saw it twice already. Amazing. The Bat is more like an urban jet. Really badass.

      Delete