Friday, August 24, 2012

New finds 8/24/2012

Stopped by a local Wal-Mart tonight and found a few more cars to add to the collection. It seems like out of all the stores that carry Hot Wheels, I have found that Wal-Mart consistently has the best selection of cars. It's probably because they have a bigger selection than other stores, but they always seem to have at least one car I want to pick up.

The first few I found tonight are from the 2012 Hot Wheels new models and HW Performance line. I found a really cool, vintage looking Baja Blaster van. It has retro looking paint with a cool Goodyear symbol on the side. Just a really simple, throwback paint job. I also found three more SRT Vipers, two more BMW Z4 Ms in black and a red Subaru STI. I already have the Z4 in white but it looks good in black. I have the STI in blue but I had to get that red color variation!


The next two are also newer releases. The one on the left is a Hot Wheels Hot Ones 1985 Honda CRX and the one on the right is a Matchbox 1971 Pontiac Firebird Formula. The CRX is a new casting and has an interesting interior as it looks like the motor is in the rear. It also has the late 80's, early 90's wheels on it but Hot Wheels managed to pull the look off well. Not my favorite car but it is a unique new casting. I have the Firebird in gold and blue but this Firebird has an awesome black paint job with a Phoenix bird graphic on the side. Very 1980's-ish!


The next Hot Wheels is a rockin' Monster Jam 30th Anniversary Grave Digger monster truck. This model is 2012 specific as it marks the 30th year of the Grave Digger truck. Hot Wheels has been going nuts with the Grave Digger 30th and have put the "30" logo on almost all Monster Jam packages this year. There are two different, normal line, black Grave Diggers that have been released this year- this 30th truck and the "regular" Grave Digger with no 3 on the side. The 30th version is the harder one to find though! I have a ton of this year's special Grave Digger's 30th series and will be posting them soon!


I also found more Johnny Lightnings! Wooo!!! I found two more of the new 1977 Dodge Monaco Taxi and plain jane green version, and the other two are different versions of the Jeep Cherokee. One is a white version with a small front bumper and lite winch and the other is an Army green version with a large front bumper, big winch and off-roading snorkel. These are very accurate looking trucks!



No comments:

Post a Comment