Saturday, August 11, 2012

Two-Lane Blacktop 1955 Chevy and GTO

These are the two stars of the 1971 movie Two-Lane Blacktop. The 1955 Chevy that James Taylor used to   drag race Warren Oats in the 1970 Pontiac GTO was also used in the movie American Graffiti. Both are great movies and I would definitely suggest checking them out!

The 1955 Chevy I have was custom built by me using the Revell '55 American Graffiti Chevy as the base. I cut the front bumper off, painted the body primer and scuffed it up for that tarnished movie look, painted the interior black with a silver roll cage and custom built the hood scoop using parts off of a Hot Wheels construction truck. Anyone know where I can get correct American Racing Daisy style 1/64th scale wheels at?

The 1970 Pontiac GTO is an actual 2012 GreenLight Hollywood series car made to recreate the movie car, so no mods were needed!









No comments:

Post a Comment